Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Baby Sleeps at Night!

We seemed to have gotten Dexter to be more awake during the day and so he sleeps more at night. Mr Cobra got a whole night's sleep. I still have to get up every 2 or 3 hours, but he doesn't stay awake. I can't sleep if he's awake, I feel too guilty to let him stare into blackness in a dark room while I try to sleep. I think the switch happened because we've been getting out in the afternoons. We've ate out a couple times, walked in the park, been to Target and bought some newborn clothes at Carter's. (We have a ton of clothes, but all 0-3 months, so they don't fit Dexter so well. We got a few onesies that fit him well even if it's only for a couple weeks.) I have to say I really like wearing him in a sling, much more than cruising in a giant stroller. He's so tiny, it seems like overkill to push him around in something that takes up half the sidewalk for a 7lb baby.

Other fun things that have happened recently:

Dexter laughed, just a tiny giggle, but it's happened 3 times in the last day. It's so cute! It is not in response to anything, just totally random much like his funny little smiles. He does sometimes smile now when we poke his cheeks or make funny noises in his ear.

The umbilical cord stump fell off last night. He will probably be getting his first bath in the next few days. They say babies don't get that dirty, but this little boy soaks himself regularly in various bodily fluids.

Speaking of bodily fluids, he spit up all over me last night. It went all over my neck, down my chest and pooled in my cleavage. It's all been fun and games till that happened. So gross!