Wednesday, August 29, 2007

3 Weeks 1 Day


I meant to post yesterday, but Little Man had a long scream fest of 6 hours the night before. Needless to say, mommy and daddy are exhausted. Dex has a knack for getting upset when I'm getting settled for a desperately needed nap and Mr. Cobra can only stay up so late because he has to go to work. Last night wasn't bad, thankfully, so we both got caught up on our zzz's. Only a two hour stretch that was hard to calm him down. I wish I knew exactly what he needed to calm down instead of trying 10 techniques until one works. Last night it was pacing the floor with him for an hour while bouncing him up and down. The good thing is, I'm getting some exercise. The bad thing is, our neighbors probably hate us. He'll outgrow this gassy phase soon enough.

It's amazing how fast he's growing! He's stretching his legs out more and more. He has outgrown our home-made towel baby positioner that keeps him from rolling off the bed or couch. I started moving him to the crib last night. I think it bothered me more than him. I kept waking up to check on him. I also have a harder time hearing him start to fuss in his sleep. I barely avoided a meltdown a couple times. I feel like the crib is a little safer for him though.

I am tired and having a hard time getting anything done like making doctor appointments, getting health insurance for Dexter, or getting the request for his birth certificate notarized. I've made it to the postal place that notarizes a couple times, but the one person who's qualified to notarize is never there. I've also had the birth announcements to design, but I think need to just give up on that one and just buy some. They need to be mailed more than they need a custom design by a too tired mother.